Your taste-buds are in for a real treat when you stay at an Irish Farmhouse B&B. Our B&B hosts are renowned for their cooking skills, so you’ll be enjoying delicious Irish home-cooking throughout your stay. Ard na Greine B&B, one of our bed and breakfast homes has kindly shared a recipe for Irish Breakfast Scones for you to try at home.
1 lb self-raising flour
4 ozs butter
2 ozs caster sugar
2 eggs – whisked
1 cup of milk – approximately
1. Sieve dry ingredients into a bowl.
2. Rub in the butter.
3. Make a well in the center
4. Add the whisked eggs and milk into the mixture.
5. Mix to a loose dough.
6. Keep a little of the egg mixture for brushing over the scones.
7. Turn onto a floured board and knead lightly.
8. Shape into a round about 1″ thick.
9. Cut out scones, put on a baking try and brush with the remaining egg mixture.
10. Bake in a hot oven – 200C / 400F / Gas 6 for 20 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.