Now that we have a bit of time on our hands at home, why not put your baking skills to good use and try this delicious scone recipe from Castleview Farm in County Kildare.
Quick and easy scones with 15 minute baking time.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200oC and lightly grease a baking sheet or line with a non-stick liner.
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar in a bowl and rub in the butter until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Mix milk and yoghurt and stir into mixture, work it together until a soft dough is formed.
- Turn onto a floured board and knead lightly to get a smooth surface. Flatten out to an even thickness of about 2cm.
- Using a 5cm cutter, cut out 12 – 14 scones and place on baking tray.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool before you spread butter and jam on them. Yummy!
You may not be able to travel at the moment, but on your next trip to Ireland keep in mind an Irish farmstay getaway, the perfect way to get back to nature and enjoy the Irish countryside.